St. Patrick’s CYO Volleyball is open to 5th-8th grade girls living in the Corte Madera and Larkspur area, those who attend St. Patrick’s school, or if your family is a member of St. Patrick’s Parish in Larkspur. The program is also open to girls living in the Kentfield and Greenbrae areas if there isn’t another CYO volleyball program serving that area.
- July 12, 2021 – Registration open
- Week of August 9 – Pre-season clinics
- August 16-17 – Evaluations at St. Patrick’s Gym
- Grade 6: Monday, August 16, 5:30 check-in, 6-7 pm evaluation
- Grade 7: Monday, August 16, 7 pm check-in, 7:30-8:30 evaluation
- Grade 8: Tuesday, August 17, 5:30 check-in, 6-7 pm evaluation
- No evaluations will be held for Grade 5; teams will be balanced based on previous volleyball experience.
- Week of August 23 – Practices begin
- September 12- Games begin
- End of October/early November – Regular season ends
- November 7/8 – Playoffs and Championships
The game schedule for the season will be published at the end of August. For 2021, the first games will be held on September 12. There are 8 games during the regular season; most games are scheduled on Sundays, 2 weekends will have Saturday games. If your team makes playoffs, you could play another 2 games. Note: On occasion there will be two games scheduled on one weekend.
Practices start at the end of August and the schedules will be announced by mid-August. Each team will be allocated two times each week to practice. There is not a lot of gym space available; so the flexibility and options for practices are limited. We try to schedule 5th and 6th grade practices earlier in the evening, but we have to allow the coaches to select the practice times that are best for them. Changes to practice times are not usually made and cause a domino effect to other teams.